Physics Festival tours of the Cyclotron Institute
Some notes about the tour:
- People aged 6 – 11 must be accompanied by an adult. Unfortunately, children under 6 are not permitted on the tour due to safety regulations. Any minor must have a waiver formsigned by their parent or guardian to be allowed on the tour.
- The tour is about 1 hour long, depending on the group's questions and interest. Please plan to arrive approximately 5 minutes early so that the tour can start on time.
- The building contains many devices which produce ionizing radiation. These are well-shielded, but there is still a very small chance that you could be exposed to radiation. We will give you a temporary dosimeter to monitor your exposure. Generally, the doses from the tour are much less than a single dental x-ray. If you have any questions about radiation then feel free to ask your tour guide.
- Please wear sensible, closed-toed shoes. There are a small number of metal-grating stairs to climb and other tripping hazards which would be more difficult in, say, high heels.
- Unfortunately, the tour is not wheelchair accessible due to the age of the building.
- The Cyclotron Institute has a partial exemption from recent legislation regarding carrying concealed handguns on campus because of the significant risk of catastrophic harm due to a negligent discharge. As a result, the licensed carry of a handgun is not allowed in many parts of the facility, and our tours will go into those areas. No one will be permitted on a Cyclotron Institute tour while carrying a firearm.
- The maximum number of persons allowed per tour is 10, including any chaperones. The table below shows the current availability. After submitting your information, you will be able to add as many companions to your group as there are spots available.
|Tour time||Total registered||Registered|
|10:30am – 11:30am||0/10|
|11:00am – 12:00pm||0/10|
|11:30am – 12:30pm||0/10|
|12:00pm – 1:00pm||0/10|
|12:30pm – 1:30pm||0/10|
|1:00pm – 2:00pm||0/10|
|1:30pm – 2:30pm||0/10|
|2:00pm – 3:00pm||0/10|