The Horizon-broadening Isotope Production Pipeline Opportunities (HIPPO) collaboration, sponsored by the Department of Energy's Isotope Program, exists to expose students to the different activities that are required to provide the nation with radioisotopes needed for science and other applications. We are committed to bringing a diverse group of students to sites involved in research and production of isotopes across the country.
Faculty, staff, and students of HIPPO share a common interest—to contribute to society through research and education. This is best conducted when everyone behaves in a welcoming and respectful manner. Creating a collegial, inclusive, safe, and supportive environment is everyone’s responsibility. HIPPO is committed to providing an environment that is welcoming for everyone.
HIPPO announces an exciting opportunity for students to participate in isotope production research. Students will be able to work with highly renowned faculty and staff from a variety of institutions. Learn more about this program here.
- The Department of Energy Isotope Program has awarded funding to Professor Melissa Deri from CUNY Lehman College and Dr. Vanessa Sanders of Brookhaven National Laboratory through the Funding for Accelerated, Inclusive Research (FAIR) initiative.
- Argonne robotics group, including HIPPO students, on a research trip to a local robotics store. They're looking at different ways robotics can be used in Isotope Production at Argonne National lab.
- Paul Ellison won a Mars Shot Research from SNMMI. Congratulations!
- The University of Wisconsin Cyclotron Research Group joins the University Isotope Network and Establishes New Domestic Isotope Supply Chains. More details here.
- Texas A&M to lead isotope R&D traineeship program. Read the story here.
- Read more about the Horizon-broadening Isotope Production Pipeline Opportunities (HIPPO) collaboration.
- Learn about the Department of Energy’s Isotope Program.
- Read more about this traineeship from the Department of Energy here.