Welcome to the Website of Rainer J. Fries
Cyclotron Insitute and Department of Physics and Astronomy
Texas A&M University
- PhD, University of Regensburg, 2001.
- Feodor Lynen Fellow, Duke University 2002-2003 (Feodor Lynen Fellowship of the
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation).
- Research Associate, University of Minnesota, 2003-2005
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, 2005-2006
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, 2006-2011
- RHIC Fellow, RIKEN/BNL Research Center, 2006-2011
- Associate Professor, Texas A&M University, 2012-
- IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in Nuclear Physics
here to read the announcement).
- Montague Scholar for Teaching Excellence 2008,
TAMU Center for Teaching
- NSF CAREER Award 2009 from the
National Science Foundation
- Invited JSPS Fellowship 2009-2010 from
Society for the Promotion of Science
- Research Interests: Theoretical Particle and Nuclear Physics.
- Current Activities: Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD), High Energy Nuclear
Collisions and Quark Gluon Plasma. My research is related to the
experimental programs at the
Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at
Lab and the
Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at
Teaching and Outreach:
Current course: PHYS
606: Quantum Mechanics I, Spring 2015.
Previous course: PHYS 218: Mechanics, Fall 2014. All course material has
to be accessed through ecampus
Saturday Morning Physics: The 2015 progam is starting on January 24. More
can be found on the SMP Webpage or
My scientific record (publications, presentations, conferences)
Recent workshops organized:
Other (under construction)
on Critical Examination
of RHIC Paradigms, Austin TX, April 14-17,
- Hot Quarks 2010, La Londe les
Maures, France, June 21-26, 2010
- RIKEN Workshop on Hyperon-Hyperon
Interactions and Searches for Exotic Di-Hyperons in Nuclear
Collisions, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton NY, February
29-March 2, 2012
- Hot Quarks 2012,
Copamarina, Puerto Rico, October 14-20, 2012.
- Towards a Comprehensive Understanding of
Thermal Radiation in Elementary and Heavy-Ion
Collisions, RIKEN/BNL Research
Center, Brookhaven National
Laboratory, December 5-7, 2012.
- Hot Quarks 2014,
Las Negras, Spain, September 21-28, 2014.
Dr. Rainer J. Fries
Texas A&M University
College Station TX 77843, USA
Phone: [+1] (979) 845 1411
Fax: [+1] (979) 845 1899
Email: rjfries [at] comp.tamu.edu
The author of this website does not assume any responsibility for
external webpages that are linked to this site.