Welcome to the Website of Rainer J. Fries
Cyclotron Insitute and Department of Physics and Astronomy
Texas A&M University
- PhD, University of Regensburg, 2001.
- Feodor Lynen Fellow, Duke University 2002-2003 (Feodor Lynen Fellowship of the
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation).
- Research Associate, University of Minnesota, 2003-2005
- Assistant Professor, University of Minnesota, 2005-2006
- Assistant Professor, Texas A&M University, 2006-2011
- RHIC Fellow, RIKEN/BNL Research Center, 2006-2011
- Associate Professor, Texas A&M University, 2012-
- IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in Nuclear Physics
here to read the announcement).
- Montague Scholar for Teaching Excellence 2008,
TAMU Center for Teaching
- NSF CAREER Award 2009 from the
National Science Foundation
- Invited JSPS Fellowship 2009-2010 from
Society for the Promotion of Science
- Research Interests: Theoretical Particle and Nuclear Physics.
- Current Activities: Quantum Chromodynamics (QCD), High Energy Nuclear
Collisions and Quark Gluon Plasma. My research is related to the
experimental programs at the
Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) at
Lab and the
Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at
Teaching and Outreach:
Current course: PHYS 218 Mechanics, Spring 2018. Log on to ecampus to see the course webpage.
Previous course: PHYS 606: Quantum Mechanics, Spring 2017.
Saturday Morning Physics: The 2018 progam will start on January 20.
More information can be found on our SMP webpage or
Upcoming Workshops to be organized:
Hard Probes 2020 in Austin TX. Stay tuned.
Recent workshops organized:
- Hot Quarks 2016, South Padre Island TX, USA, September 12-17, 2016.
- Hot Quarks 2014,
Las Negras, Spain, September 21-28, 2014.
- Towards a Comprehensive Understanding of Thermal Radiation in Elementary and Heavy-Ion Collisions, RIKEN/BNL Research
Center, Brookhaven National Laboratory, December 5-7, 2012.
- Hot Quarks 2012, Copamarina, Puerto Rico, October 14-20, 2012.
- RIKEN Workshop on Hyperon-Hyperon Interactions and Searches for Exotic Di-Hyperons in Nuclear Collisions, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton NY, February
29-March 2, 2012
- Hot Quarks 2010, La Londe les Maures, France, June 21-26, 2010
- Workshop on Critical Examination
of RHIC Paradigms, Austin TX, April 14-17, 2010
Dr. Rainer J. Fries
Texas A&M University
College Station TX 77843, USA
Phone: [+1] (979) 845 1411
Fax: [+1] (979) 845 1899
Email: rjfries [at] comp.tamu.edu
The author of this website does not assume any responsibility for
external webpages that are linked to this site.